Guide | Project
Computer Lab Map
Assignment: Draw a map of the Pioneer Computer Lab
(the Project Tech classroom). The door of the Lab should be in the lower right
corner of your drawing document.
- Title: Pioneer
- Label: Door
- Label: Storage Cabinet
- Labels: Computer #1 through
- Label: Command Central (Teacher
- Label: Desk (opposite end of
room from Command Central)
- Label: Recycle Boxes
- Labels: Printer A; Printer B
- Label: Data/Video Projector
Your map must include:
- Floor (color
- Door (color fill)
- Storage Cabinet (color fill)
- Counters (color fill)
- Student computer workstation
#s 1-30 (color fill)
- Desk (opposite end of room from
Command Central; color fill)
- Recycle Boxes
- Printer A and Printer B (color
- Data/Video Projector (color
Do not use clip
art to make your map graphics. You must draw everything yourself.
Final Product: 60
- Do not use lines
to make graphic objects. Use the rectangle tool instead. (If you use lines,
you will not be able to do a color fill.)
- Use the rectangle
tool to make the floor first; then go to the Arrange menu
- Make the counters second using
the rectangle tool.
- For all text blocks (map title
and computer numbers), select text and go to Format/Alignment/Center.
- Once the computers are the appropriate
size, select a computer and its text number by shift clicking, then go
to the Arrange menu/align Objects/Align Centers Top to Bottom/Align Centers
Left to Right.
- Then shift click on the computer
and its number,
go to the Arrange menu and group each computer
and its number.
- You can not do a color fill
by using lines to make a rectangle. You must use the rectangle tool to
make an object, and then color fill it.
- When objects are layered on
each other use the Arrange menu to move them to the front or back.