Together, we want to produce safe and responsible drivers who are capable of driving collision-free for a lifetime!
This program is for students who do not have a driver's license. Because students who have a license are NOT qualified for state subsidy, they will be assessed $210 (in addition to the $165 registration fee) should they choose to participate. Failing the driver's education course may result in additional fees and class time.
**If a student obtains their driver's license before completion of the class, the total fee of $360 must be paid before a certificate can be awarded**
**DMV DRIVE TEST**
Under a new program from DMV and ODOT, Roseburg Driver's Ed students who successfully complete our ODOT approved driver's education program will NOT have to take their drive skill test at the DMV. They will, however, need to take the 20 question knowledge test at the DMV.
For more information contact:
Driver's Education Coordinator
Registration will be open until classes are full!
***Please note that not all drive times will be open, as space is limited.***
- Program Information
- Parent/Student Resources
- The Classroom portion consists of 30 hours of instruction. Students will be responsible for completing all classwork, and must attend all 30 hours of class
**Students must complete work at an 80% level or hight to pass the classroom portion.**
- The Behind-the-Wheel portion includes 6 hours of instruction behind the wheel, and at least 8 hours of observation.
**Driving must be completed at a satisfactory level.**
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Must already have a valid Oregon driver's permit
- Must be able to attend all classroom and driving sessions
- Must be a resident of Douglas County
- The cost for this program is $165.00. The fee can be in the form of CASH, CHECK or MONEY ORDER (made payable to Roseburg Public Schools).
- Students MUST have the fee with them when registering, along with the completed registration form.
- Students who receive free or reduced-aid may qualify for assistance. Please check with the District Office for information on your eligibility.
Roseburg Public Schools runs four sessions per year, Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring.
Fall classes will run from September 2nd to November 3rd
Winter classes will run from November 10th to January 26th
Payment MUST be received before classes begin.
Please send payment for online registration to:
Roseburg Public Schools
Attn: Sara Wheeler
1419 NW Valley View Drive
Roseburg, OR 97471
Frequently Asked Questions
If I miss a class and need to make arrangements to make it up, who do I contact?
- Contact your instructor for the given class (classroom and/or behind-the-wheel)
|Brad Bogardus||Mike Bober||Sheri Carson||Ron Copenhaver||Mark Engle|
|Dean Friesen||Brian Groshong||Bob Walker||Peter Lindstrom||Mike Pardon|
|Oregon DMV Information||