Together, we want to produce safe and responsible drivers who are capable of driving collision-free for a lifetime!
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR STUDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE A DRIVER LICENSE. BECAUSE STUDENTS WHO HAVE A LICENSE ARE NOT QUALIFIED FOR STATE SUBSIDY, THEY WILL BE ASSESSED $210 FEE SHOULD THEY CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE. FAILING THE DRIVER’S EDUCATION COURSE MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL FEES AND CLASS TIME.
IF A STUDENT OBTAINS THEIR DRIVER’S LICENSE BEFORE COMPLETION OF THE CLASS, THE TOTAL FEE OF $380 MUST BE PAID BEFORE A CERTIFICATE CAN BE AWARDED.
DMV DRIVE TEST
Under a new program from DMV and ODOT, Roseburg Driver's Ed students who successfully complete our ODOT approved driver's education program will NOT have to take their drive skill test at the DMV. They will, however, need to take the 20 question knowledge test at the DMV.
18 YEAR OLDS
The above drive test does NOT apply if your student is 18 YEARS OLD! The DMV and ODOT still require your 18 year old to take their drive skill test AND 20 question knowledge test AT THE DMV.
For more information contact:
Driver Ed Coordinator
District Office Business Operations
FALL 2016 REGISTRATION CLOSED.
CLASSES HAVE STARTED.
- Program Information
- ONLINE Registration/Calendar
- Parent/Student Resources
- The classroom portion consists of 30 hours of instruction. Students must attend all 30 hours of class and complete the classwork at an 80% or higher level to pass.
- The behind-the-wheel portion will include 6 hours of driving, 8 hours of observation and at least 9 hours of supervised home practice. A development of safe driving skills are required to pass.
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Must already have a valid Oregon driver's permit.
- Must be able to attend all classroom and driving sessions.
- Must be a resident of Douglas County.
The cost for the program is $170.00.
Payments can be made in person on or before required Parent Meeting or mailed to the District Office.
Cash, credit card, check or money orders accepted. Please make checks payable to Roseburg Public Schools.
Students who receive free or reduced school meals are eligible for a reduced amount.
Roseburg Public Schools has four sessions per year: Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.
Classroom/Driving: November 8th - January 29th, 2017
Parent Meeting: November 9th @ RHS 6:00-7:15 pm
Driving Exams: January 30th - February 2, 2017
- Register ONLINE here!
- Printable Registration Form
- Class Information
- Winter 2016/2017 Calendar
- Program Overview
Payments can be made in person on or before Parent Meeting or mailed to:
Roseburg Public Schools
Attn: Dawn Malinoff
1419 NW Valley View Drive
Roseburg, OR 97471
Frequently Asked Questions
If I miss a class and need to make arrangements to make it up, who do I contact?
- Contact your instructor for the given class (classroom and/or behind-the-wheel)
|Sheri Carson||Ron Copenhaver||Mark Engle||Ken Frazier||Scott Finlay|
|Peter Lindstrom||Karen Marsters||Scott Moyer||Mike Pardon||Bob Walker|
|Oregon DMV Information||