Together, we want to produce safe and responsible drivers who are capable of driving collision-free for a lifetime.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR STUDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE A DRIVER LICENSE. STUDENTS WHO HAVE A LICENSE DO NOT QUAIFIY FOR STATE SUBSIDY AND WILL BE ASSESSED A $210 FEE SHOULD THEY CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE. FAILING THE DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL FEES AND CLASS TIME.
IF A STUDENT OBTAINS THEIR DRIVER’S LICENSE BEFORE COMPLETION OF THE CLASS, THE TOTAL FEE OF $380 MUST BE PAID BEFORE A CERTIFICATE CAN BE AWARDED.
DMV DRIVER SKILLS TEST
Under the new program from the DMV and ODOT, Roseburg driver education students who successfully complete our ODOT approved Driver Education Program will NOT have to take their Driver Skills Test at the DMV. They will, however, need to take the 20 question Driver Knowledge Test at the DMV before their license will be issued.
18 YEAR OLDS
The above Driver Skills Test does NOT apply if your student is 18 years old. The DMV and ODOT requires your 18 year old to take their Driver Skills Test and the 20 question Driver Knowledge Test at the DMV.
For more information contact:
Driver Ed Coordinator
District Office Business Operations
Winter 2016 Registration Closed
Spring 2017 Registration will open in January
- Program Overview
- ONLINE Registration/Class Info.
- Parent/Student Resources
- The classroom portion consists of 30 hours of face-to-face instruction. Students must attend all 30 hours of class and complete the classwork at an 80% or higher level to pass.
- The behind-the-wheel portion will include 6 hours of student driving, 8 hours observing another student driver and at least 9 hours of guided home practice. A development of safe driving skills are required to pass.
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Must already have a valid Oregon driver's permit.
- Must be able to attend all classroom and driving sessions.
- Must be a resident of Douglas County.
The cost for the program is $170.00.
Payments can be made in person on or before required Parent Meeting or mailed to the District Office.
Cash, credit card, check or money orders accepted. Please make checks payable to Roseburg Public Schools.
Students who receive free or reduced school meals are eligible for a reduced amount.
Roseburg Public Schools has four sessions per year: Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.
Classroom/Driving: November 8th - January 29th, 2017
Parent Meeting: November 9th @ RHS 6:00-7:15 pm
Driving Exams: January 30th - February 2, 2017
- Register ONLINE here!
- Printable Registration Form
- Class Information
- Winter 2016/2017 Calendar
- Program Overview
Payments can be made in person on or before Parent Meeting or mailed to:
Roseburg Public Schools
Attn: Dawn Malinoff
1419 NW Valley View Drive
Roseburg, OR 97471
Frequently Asked Questions
If I miss a class and need to make arrangements to make it up, who do I contact?
- Contact your instructor for the given class (classroom and/or behind-the-wheel)
|Sheri Carson||Ron Copenhaver||Mark Engle||Ken Frazier||Scott Finlay|
|Peter Lindstrom||Karen Marsters||Scott Moyer||Mike Pardon||Bob Walker|
|Oregon DMV Information||