Together, we want to produce safe and responsible drivers who are capable of driving collision-free for a lifetime!
This program is for students who do not have a driver's license. Because students who have a license are NOT qualified for state subsidy, they will be assessed $210 (in addtion to the $150 registration fee) should they choose to participate. Failing the driver's education course may result in additional fees and class time.
**If a student obtains their driver's license before completion of the class, the total fee of $360 must be paid before a certicicate can be awarded**
For more information contact:
Driver's Education Coordinator
***Registration for Summer sessions will be open until classes are filled! Please note that not all drive times will be open, as space is limited.***
- Program Information
- Parent/Student Resources
- The Classroom portion consists of 30 hours of instruction. Students will be responsible for completing all classwork, and must attend all 30 hours of class
**Students must complete work at an 80% level or hight to pass the classroom portion.**
- The Behind-the-Wheel portion includes 6 hours of instruction behind the wheel, and at least 8 hours of observation.
**Driving must be completed at a satisfactory level.**
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Must already have a valid Oregon driver's permit
- Must be able to attend all classroom and driving sessions
- Must be a resident of Douglas County
- The cost for this program is $150.00. The fee can be in the form of CASH, CHECK or MONEY ORDER (made payable to Roseburg Public Schools).
- Students MUST have the fee with them when registering, along with the completed registration form.
- Students who receive free or reduced-aid may qualify for assistance. Please check with the District Office for information on your eligibility.
Roseburg Public Schools runs four sessions per year, Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring.
Summer classes will run from June 3rd to July 17th.
Payment MUST be received before classes begin.
Please send payment for online registration to:
Roseburg Public Schools
Attn: Sara Wheeler
1419 NW Valley View Drive
Roseburg, OR 97471
Frequently Asked Questions
If I miss a class and need to make arrangements to make it up, who do I contact?
- Contact your instructor for the given class (classroom and/or behind-the-wheel)
|Brad Bogardus||Mike Bober||Sheri Carson||Ron Copenhaver||Mark Engle|
|Dean Friesen||Brian Groshong||Michael Hocking||Peter Lindstrom||Mike Pardon|