this 1st: Choose a topic and make a top ten list for a slide show. The list must be on a specific topic or theme, it must be interesting, and it must be something which you can research.
* You may not do a slide show on the following topics: friends, songs, movies, or games.
* You must choose a topic that can be researched.
Do this 2nd: Using AppleWorks, Word, or Zoho, word process
List Form of your top ten topic. Print the formatted list and turn it in for a grade.
Do this 3rd: Do research to find interesting facts for each item in your top ten list.
After choosing a topic and making a top ten list, but before starting on
your slide show, you need to do research on your topic
to find one fact that is interesting and specific for each of the items in your top ten list.
If your list is best American cities, for example, and Denver is one of the cities on the list, do not use the fact that Denver is the capital of Colorado. That fact doesn't require research and is not particularly interesting. Much more interesting and requiring research is the fact that Denver is one of only two cities in America with eight professional sports teams.
* Use Google
Directory or Yahoo!
Directory to do your research to find specific and interesting facts. (Wikipedia Web sites are not acceptable for finding information.)
* Use the Research Worksheet to type the interesting facts that you find from your research. You also need to include the Web site name and URL address for each fact.
Do this 4th: Download pictures for your slide show.
After researching and finding ten facts that are specific and interesting for each of the items in your top ten list, but before starting on your slide show, you need to download pictures for each of the ten items in your top ten list. The pictures should be support the text for the slide in which it is used. If your top ten list is best American cities, and Denver is one of the cities on the list, then a picture of the the downtown Denver skyline would be an appropriate picture that supports the text. If the fact that you have included about Denver being one of only two cities in America with eight professional sports teams, then you could also have a picture of one of the teams, the Denver Broncos football team or Nuggets basketball team, for example.
* Use Altavista Image Search or Picsearch to search for pictures.
* Use the Research Worksheet to to include the Web site name and URL address for each picture you download.
Do this 5th: Make a works cited. As a responsible cybercitizen, it is your duty to cite or give credit to all Web sites for pictures that you download and for information that you research.
Since your slide show will have pictures and information for all items on your top ten list, you could potentially have to make a works cited for 20 different Web sites. Rather than have to make such a large works cited, you are only required to make a works cited for 3D Textmaker, one site where you got information, and one site where you got a picture.
Use the Works Cited Help Page and Citation Maker.
this 6th: Finally, use Power Point To Make Your Ten Slide Show.
Assignment: Use your Top Ten list to make a 12 slide slide show. Go to the Slide
Show Tips page for help with using Power Point.
- Slide #1: Title (animated
- Slide # 2: Top
Ten #10; research info. and picture
- Slide #3: Top
Ten #9; research info. and picture
- Slide #4: Top
Ten #8; research info. and picture
- Slide #5: Top
Ten #7; research info. and picture
- Slide #6: Top
Ten #6; research info. and picture
- Slide #7: Top
Ten #5 research info. and picture
- Slide #8: Top
Ten #4; research info. and picture
- Slide #9: Top
Ten #3; research info. and picture
- Slide #10: Top
Ten #2; research info. and picture
- Slide #11: Top
Ten #1; research info. and picture
- Slide #12: Credits: Works cited
and your name; include Photobooth picture of yourself!
1. Open Power Point (Orange P in the dock.)
- Click on Power Point Presentation.
- Open the Formatting Palette Menu (View/Formatting Palette.) The Formatting Palette is a handy way to quickly add shapes, lines, clip art, pictures, and new slides, You can also choose a slide template, change the font and size, and animate text, pictures, and transitions between slides.
- Open the Slide Design menu (Format/Slide Design). Look at the bottom left of the Slide Design Menu and choose either the Apply to all slides or Apply to the current slide radio button, depending which you want for a background design.
2. Create all 12 slides before putting in any text or graphics.
- Go to Insert Menu/New slide. Create all 12 slides.
3. Put in all text before searching for graphics.
- You will use 3D Textmaker to make a title, so skip slide #1 for now.
- Put your Top 10 list and research info on slides two through eleven. Besides the Top Ten list, you must also include at least one interesting and specific fact related to each item from your list.
- Copy and paste your works cited into slide #12.
4. After putting in all of your text, search for pictures and put at least one picture into each slide.
5. Check the Grade
Guide to make sure that your Slide Show has all required elements.
Top Ten List: 30 points
- Research Worksheet: 45 points
- My Top
Ten Slide Show: 120 points
- Total: 195 points
|Do this 7th (optional): Think Twicers Bonus Slide Show Project