Home | Planning a web page | Contribute Skills | Adding Images | Adding Links| New Pages
Tricks and Advice | Useful Web Sites | Student Assignment Guidelines
When adding images consider the following...
- Use jpg images for pictures and gif images for graphics
- Keep image size small - rarely over 740x740 pixels, usually 300 pixels square or less
- Images used online don't need to have more than 72 dpi
- Think thumbnails for pictures you want to have bigger for downloading or viewing
- Use images for decorative fonts
- PhotoShop Elements is a great resource for editing images and getting them into the right format.
- Whenever possible create original artwork and use original photographs. You should avoid using images from the internet for many reasons, but copyright is the most important issue. If you do use an image from the internet always include source information.
Karen Angiolet • Joseph Lane Middle School • 2153 N.E. Vine Street • Roseburg, Oregon 97470 • 541 440-4104
Last updated: August 15, 2007