You and your team are creating a movie. You will use one of the 4 digital movie cameras to videotape your scene. You will download to your computer and edit your movie in the program called IMovie. After you have finished you will share the movie with IDVD and burn it to a DVD.
Ideas for Movie
Come up w/an idea, create a storyboard and a script. All videos will be 3-10 minutes. You may choose the one idea as your movie theme:
- Choose a route of JoLane to create a tour for the 6th grade orientation. Explain where you are, how to get help, how to get there, any other information that may be helpful to new students to Jolane. Please start at the front of the building, the route you take after that is up to you. You need to include all 6th grade classrooms for the incoming students so they know each team. Make arrangements with the adult in charge to videotape at an appropriate time if you are going to use a classroom or do an interview as these would be helpful to your video.
Making your movie
Videotape your movie. Tape less than 10 minutes total. You will be editing down to a minimum of three minutes and a maximum of ten minutes. Everyday you film, you need to get a cord to import your movie to your computer. You will open Imovie and create a new project and give it a name, save your movie to the movie folder not your 4RSD folder.
- We will only be taping during class time. You need to sign up for a camera in advance. We will start with one period per group and after each group has had the camera once we will get another chance.
- You may also make arrangements to tape before and after school.
- You may not interrupt any classes at any time.
- You may not take any other students out of any other class. The only actors are in your group.
- No filming in restrooms or locker rooms. This is a national privacy law.
- If you leave the classroom to videotape you must have a video pass and must let me know where you will be during the time you are gone.
- You must use the camera in a safe & appropriate manner. If you choose not to, you will lose camera privileges and will result in a failing grade for the project or figuring out a different way to do the project.
- Each member in the group will appear in the movie.
- No violence, inappropriate language, sexual innuendos, drugs or alcohol. Keep your school project school appropriate. If you are not sure, leave it out!
After your done shooting:
You will edit your video when you are finished shooting. Download your movie into IMovie and use the editing tools to make it look good. When you import your movie, you need to open a new project and use your names or initials as the name of the movie!!!
- 1 example of a voiceover
- 1 example of added sound effects
- 1 example of added music from Garageband
- 3 or more special effects
- 3 or more transitions between movie clips
- A title
- Closing credits: include your names, anyone who may have helped, class period and date
- Imovie shared with IDVD and then burn your movie
- You will have no spelling or editing errors. Capitalize correctly
- All members will help edit the movie
After you are done editing your movie & making sure you have included all of the requirements, you need to share your movie with IDVD. You need to go to the share menu and click on IDVD. You will then click on the blue share button which will send you to IDVD. Once you are there, you need to choose a menu from the right side that you want to have as your main screen when you play your movie. Change "main" to whatever your movie is going to be called(your title) and add the word "play" next to the yellow button so you have something to click on to play your movie. You must then include pictures from your movie and/or photo booth in the available drop zones your menu has. After you are finished with all of this, make sure to save in IDVD and then you will be ready to burn your movie.