- The Internet can be a fun, interesting, and informative place to visit, but the problem is, it’s crawling with predators.
- Sit down and come up with your own Comic Life strip to promote internet safety. Together, we can stop online predators and surf the Internet safely!
- Using Comic Life, you need to comic up with a comic strip that promotes internet safety. You can make it any style you want but it needs to include the following facts and agreements you will make to be a good Cybercitizen. Your comic strip must have all 3 facts listed and all 9 of the oaths listed on your comic strip ;and include different styles and colors thru out your comic strip. Your comic strip is due at the end of the period two days later.
Facts and your oath for surfing the internet
- One in seventeen youths had been threatened or harassed over the Internet.
- Only 10 percent of parents surveyed and 17 percent of the youths surveyed could name one specific resource or authority to which they could make a report.
- I am a smart and safe Internet Surfer, and I know there are certain rules I should follow and precautions I should take online. I agree to follow these rules, and my parents agree to help me follow these rules.
- I will never give my personal information (or anyone else’s) out to anyone on the Internet without getting approval from my parents first. This includes sending photographs.
- I will always tell a parent immediately if I see anything on the Internet that is threatening, scary, or something I know I’m not supposed to see.
- I will never tell anyone my password (even best friends) except for my parent(s).
- I will never call or meet anyone in person that I’ve met online unless a parent approves and agrees to go with me.
- I will never open e-mails from people I don’t know, and I will never click on links unless I know where they came from and that the site they take me to is safe.
- I will teach my parents about the Internet, and let them know exactly what I am doing when I am online.
- I will never buy anything or sign up for anything unless a parent is with my and approves it.
- I understand that many people online are not who they say they are. Many adults are online pretending to be kids. I will always tell my parents about people I meet online.
- I will always talk with my parents and help set up our own online rules. We will decide upon when and how long I can be online, and the areas I am allowed to visit. I will not go to other areas or sites without their permission.