1. Lockers: Clean out your locker during the week of June 4. Throw papers away and wash off any marks.
2. Checkout information will be distributed on Monday, June 2. Before graduation practice, you will be required to clear all fees with the library and the business office. All fees and fines must be paid before you receive your diploma. List is posted in library and with your Government/Economics teacher.
3. Thursday, June 5 will be the last day of instruction. Checkout will be held between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on Friday, June 6 in the Auxiliary Gym. Caps and gowns will be distributed at that time.
8:00 – 8:30 A – I
8:30 – 9:00 J – R
9:00 – 9:30 S – Z
4. Graduation practice is Friday morning, June 6. Practice begins at 9:30 a.m. sharp in the Auxiliary Gym. Plan on being finished around noon. No excuses for missing graduation practice. Be on time.
5. Your checkout sheet (yellow copy) must be brought with you to check out on Friday, June 6. The white copy will be collected by your last period teacher on June 6.
6. Baccalaureate will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, June 6, at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church.
7. Graduation is 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 8. Be in the Auxiliary Gym at 1:30 in cap, gown and proper dress attire. The parking lot will be open parking (except for designated area for handicapped and special parking). Do not plan on being able to park in your parking space. If you are being dropped off, please use the turn around in front of the main building.
8. Signature sheet indicating whether or not you will march should have been returned by now. Signature also indicates an understanding of the requirements for taking part in the ceremonies. (TAKE EXTRAS)
9. Appropriate dress for graduation day is: GIRLS—dress, skirt, or dress slacks, dress shoes or dress sandals. (For safety reasons, no spiked heals.) BOYS—collared shirt and tie, dress slacks, dress shoes. (No tennis shoes or flip-flops.) Do not decorate your cap or gown.
10. If you haven’t ordered a cap and gown, see Mrs. Hinderman in the main office.
11. Graduation WILL BE a dignified ceremony. The diploma is not yours until after the ceremony so use discretion in your actions. Counselors, teachers, administrators, and police will be on the field. Beach balls, bubbles, frisbees, fireworks, water balloons, vandalism, or any other such behavior that detracts from the ceremony will not be tolerated. We will hold diplomas of anyone involved with disrespectful activities until Monday, June 9. Police will escort students off the field if they are disrespectful.
12. Alcohol and other drug use are not acceptable. Use extreme caution and make decisions wisely.
13. Tell parents they will not be able to put blankets down (saving seats in grandstands) until 12:30 graduation day.
14. Please stop by the Career Center and update Mr. Early on scholarships received (listed in graduation program) and post high school plans (goes in grad issue of Orange R).
15. See Mrs. Collins in the counseling center if you need a final transcript sent to a college.
16. Grad Night – 9:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. at RHS. Must be signed in by 10:30 p.m. No admission after 10:00 p.m. Must make previous arrangements to leave before 4:00 a.m. If you don't have money for grad night, see an administrator in the main office by Friday, June 6. Not eligible for diploma, no grad night.
17. Introduce parents.