ADA - Mission Statement
Re-adopted: 10/11/95; 8/13/97
The mission of Douglas County School District 4, an organization committed to serving a diverse student population undergoing significant social and economic transition, is to prepare youth to confidently, responsibly and creatively contribute to a changing global society by providing all students a personalized and appropriate education supported by meaningful school-community partnerships.
Beliefs That Guide Us
- Every student must know what, why and how they are to learn.
- Every student must know the criteria for measuring their success and personally recognize their own level of success.
- Every student performs best in a safe, secure, cooperative environment that fosters dignity and respect.
- Every student can learn and succeed at high levels but does so in different ways and at different rates.
- Every student has talent that is developed through good teaching and a positive climate.
- Every person in the community has a role in the educational process.
- A fundamental responsibility of the educational process is to strive for excellence, while responding to a changing world.
Strategic Objectives We Strive for
- One hundred percent of our students will graduate.
- All students will perform at their maximum achievement level in every element of a comprehensive curriculum.
- Within six months after leaving Roseburg schools, 100 percent of our students will be pursuing college or professional technical degrees, apprenticeships or be gainfully employed.
- One hundred percent of our parents will be involved in their child’s education.