BA - Board Goals
The Board is responsible to the people for whose benefit the district has been established. Further, the Board’s current decisions will influence the future course of education in the Douglas County School District 4 schools. By virtue of this responsibility, the Board and each of its members must look to the future and to the needs of all district citizens. This requires a comprehensive perspective and long-range plan in addition to addressing immediate problems.
The Board’s shall establish policies, programs and procedures which will best produce educational achievement. The Board shall wisely manage available resources. The Board formulates and adopts goals and policy, selects an executive office to implement policy and the Board evaluates the results.
The Board will seek to achieve the following general goals:
- Best serve each student’s educational goals;
- Provide the superintendent with guidelines for implementing policy;
- Maintaining effective communications with the public, staff and students;
- Conduct district business as provided by the Public Meetings Law;
- Formulate, adopt and revise district goals, policies and planning programs.