EEACC - Student Conduct on School Buses
Re-adopted: 8/13/97, 12/11/13, 7/13/22
The following regulations will govern student conduct on school buses and Type 10 School Activity Vehicles if used for transporting students from home to school, school to home and to and from district-sponsored activities and will be posted in a conspicuous place in all buses:
- Students being transported are under authority of the bus driver;
- Fighting, wrestling or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus;
- Students will use the emergency door only in case of emergency;
- Students will be on time for the bus, both morning and evening;
- Students will not bring firearms, weapons or other potentially hazardous material on the bus;
- Students will not bring animals, except approved assistance service animals, on the bus;
- Students will remain seated while bus is in motion;
- Students may be assigned seats by the bus driver;
- When necessary to cross the road, students will cross in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver;
- Students will not extend their hands, arms or heads through bus windows;
- Students will have written permission to leave the bus other than for home or school;
- Students will converse in normal tones; loud or vulgar language is prohibited;
- Students will not open or close windows without permission of the driver;
- Students will keep the bus clean and must refrain from damaging it;
- Students will be courteous to the driver, fellow students and passers-by;
- Students who refuse to promptly obey the directions of the driver or refuse to obey regulations may forfeit their privilege to ride on the buses.
The superintendent will establish other administrative regulations as necessary for the safe conduct of students riding district school buses or other forms of district transportation and for disciplinary procedures. Such regulations will be available to all parents and students and posted in each school bus or other district vehicle.
Students who violate bus rules of conduct may be denied the use of district transportation.