FEA - Capitol Improvement - Educational Program
To ensure all new facilities are designed to implement the educational program, the superintendent will provide for the development of detailed educational specifications to apply to the design and construction of new buildings. Upon Board consideration and approval, the specifications will be presented to the architect.
In developing specifications, the superintendent will draw on recommendations of citizens committees, staff, students and community organizations.
The specifications shall include:
- Information concerning the plan of school organization and estimated enrollment in the proposed building;
- A description of the students to be served;
- A description of the proposed curriculum and the teaching methods and techniques to be employed;
- A schedule of space requirements, including an indication of relative locations of various spaces;
- A desired layout of special areas and the equipment needed for such areas;
- An outline of mechanical features and special finishes desired;
- A description of standard codes and regulations (district, city, county and state) affecting planning;
- Pertinent budget and related factors.
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. Sections 12101-12213; 29 CFR Part 1630 (2000); 28 CFR Part 35 (2000).