GAB - Position Descriptions
Re-adopted: 8/13/97, 7/13/22
Job descriptions serve to:
Describe all essential functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation;
1. Describe attendance standards;
2. Help applicants determine the qualifications needed to fill a position;
3. Help district administrators determine which candidates to recommend for appointment; and
4. Assist administrators in the evaluation of the employee’s performance of position responsibilities.
“Essential functions,” as used in this policy means, the fundamental job duties of the employment position. A job function may be considered essential for reasons, including, but not limited to, the following:
1. The function may be essential because the reason the position exists is to perform the function;
2. The function may be essential because of the limited number of employees available among whom the performance of the job function can be distributed; and/or
3. The function may be highly specialized so that the individual is hired for his/her expertise or ability to perform the particular function.
“Attendance standards,” as used in this policy means, the regular work hours of the position, including leave and vacation provisions available through policy and/or collective bargaining agreements and any special attendance needs of the position as determined by the district.
Satisfactory attendance is defined as no more than an average of one day of absence for illness or injury per month, except such cases as major surgery, recovery from a serious or life-threatening accident or illness or as a result of a documented mental or physical impairment that constitutes a disability. Qualifying leaves as defined under federal and Oregon Family Medical Leave Act laws also apply.
Job descriptions will be developed under the supervision of the superintendent for each position in the district. Each job description shall be dated; as job descriptions are reviewed and/or revised new dates will be affixed.
Job descriptions will be coded and retained in a document titled Job Descriptions for the Douglas County School District 4. The document will be available for inspection by any district employee or patron. Each employee shall receive a copy of his/her job description. Each employee shall affix his/her signature and date after having read the job description.
Job descriptions will be reviewed annually by the superintendent or designee. Initial or revised job descriptions will be approved by the superintendent and will be reported to the Board by the superintendent.
END OF POLICY
Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 12101-12213; 29 C.F.R. Part 1630 (2016); 28 C.F.R. Part 35 (2016).
The Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. § 4212 (2012).
Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008.
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.