JE - Attendance
Re-adopted: 8/24/11; 11/16/22
Attendance requirements are to:
1. Contribute to the academic success of students;
2. Inform parents about their student’s class attendance or nonattendance;
3. Place the responsibility for attendance in the hands of students and their parents;
4. Aid students in making decisions and accepting the responsibilities and consequences resulting from those decisions;
5. Stress that punctual and regular attendance is a learned function necessary in coping with life;
6. Stress attendance may impact grades and credit;
7. Meet Oregon graduation requirements.
Each school shall notify parents or guardians by the end of the school day if their child has an unplanned absence. The notification will be either in person, by telephone or another method identified in writing by the parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian cannot be notified by the above methods, a message shall be left, if possible.
The Board directs the superintendent to develop rules which meet these objectives and to publish those rules annually for students and their parents.