JECBA-AR - Admission of Foreign Exchange Students
- State department guidelines stipulate that a group sponsored student must obtain school approval and family placement before leaving their home country.
- A group sponsored student must obtain a “J” visa from the U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization Service which they must show upon registration.
- A student coming through a private exchange program must obtain an “F-1" visa and prior approval required by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- The student or sponsoring organization will provide all dues and fees.
- Program Guidelines
- The high school may accept a maximum of eleven full-year students from foreign countries.
- Candidates will be selected from foreign non-profit exchange programs with local representation approved by the building administrator.
- In addition, up to two students may be accepted at any one time from short-term programs at the discretion of the building administrator.
- All potential organizations or individuals will obtain approval from the high school administrator by May 30 for the coming school year. Applications may not be accepted after May 30.
- The high school administration reserves the right to terminate attendance if the student does not comply with the high school academic/behavioral standards that apply to that student.
- A foreign student will receive an honorary high school diploma. Counselors will review an appropriate course of study and will give a written recommendation to the student. All full-year students may participate in graduation ceremonies regardless of diploma received.