JECC-AR - Assignment of Students to Schools
Elementary School Attendance Changes
To initiate an attendance change as described in policy JECC, the parents of a resident elementary school student must:
- Meet with the elementary principal of the elementary school in which attendance is preferred;
- Submit a written request for the attendance change utilizing the form provided*.
The principal of the elementary school where attendance is preferred will:
- Provide information regarding available space and requirements for transportation, behavior, attendance and achievement;
- Provide a written response to the parent’s request, including the expectations as described in (1) above;
- Provide a copy of the response to the office of the assistant superintendent.
The assistant superintendent will:
- Record the attendance change;
- Acknowledge the agreement by letter;
- Manage the attendance data related to such attendance changes;
- Report data associated with attendance changes as necessary.
*(see sample below)
Middle School Attendance Changes
To initiate an attendance change as described in policy JECC, the parents of a resident middle school student must:
- Meet with the principal of the desired middle school to explore the transfer option, determine requirements for transfer authorization and to determine whether space available would permit consideration;
- Place the attendance request to the desired middle school in writing to the principal.
The principal of the desired middle school will:
- Initiate a meeting with the home school principal to determine behavioral, academic and attendance qualifications of the transfer candidate;
- Determine, in cooperation with the principal of the home school, whether the student can be successful in the desired transfer site and whether space is available;
- Respond to the parent request in writing;
- Ensure, by way of signatures, that all parties understand and agree to the conditions of enrollment;
- Copy the response and agreement to the home school and to the central office.
REQUESTING SCHOOL OUT OF YOUR ATTENDANCE AREA
Phone (H) (W)
Child/Children Name(s) Grade
(School designated for your residence)