JECC-AR - Assignment of Students to Schools
Adopted: Unknown Revised/Readopted: 11/16/22 Orig. Code: JECC-AR
Elementary School Attendance Changes
To initiate an attendance change as described in policy JECC, the parents of a resident elementary school student:
1. Shall meet with the elementary principal of the elementary school in which attendance is preferred;
2. Must submit a written request for the attendance change utilizing the form provided*.
The principal of the elementary school where attendance is preferred will:
1. Provide information regarding available space and requirements for transportation, behavior, attendance and achievement;
2. Provide a written response to the parent’s request, including the expectations as described in (1) above;
3. Provide a copy of the response to the office of the assistant superintendent.
The assistant superintendent will:
a. Record the attendance change;
b. Acknowledge the agreement by letter;
c. Manage the attendance data related to such attendance changes;
d. Report data associated with attendance changes as necessary.
Middle School Attendance Changes
To initiate an attendance change as described in policy JECC, the parents of a resident middle school student must:
1. Meet with the principal of the desired middle school to explore the transfer option, determine requirements for transfer authorization and to determine whether space available would permit consideration;
2. Place the attendance request to the desired middle school in writing to the principal.
The principal of the desired middle school will:
a. Initiate a meeting with the home school principal to determine behavioral, academic and attendance qualifications of the transfer candidate;
b. Determine, in cooperation with the principal of the home school, whether the student can be successful in the desired transfer site and whether space is available;
c. Respond to the parent request in writing;
d. Ensure, by way of signatures, that all parties understand and agree to the conditions of enrollment;
e. Copy the response and agreement to the home school and to the central office.
*See attached sample