KGB - Public Conduct on District Property
No person on school property or grounds, including parking lots, will:
- Injure or threaten to injure another;
- Damage the property of another or of the district;
- Initiate or circulate a report, one knows to be false, concerning an alleged hazardous substance, impending fire, explosion, catastrophe or other emergency that will take place upon a school;
- Violate parking regulations;
- Drive a vehicle in an unsafe manner;
- Impede, delay or otherwise interfere with the orderly conduct of the district’s educational program or any other activity taking place on school property which has been authorized by the Board, superintendent, principal or other authorized administrator;
- Enter any portion of school premises at any time for purposes other than those which are lawful and authorized by school officials;
- Bring, possess, conceal or use a weapon as defined by Board policy JFC/JFCD - Serious Student Misconduct;
- Possess, consume, sell, give or deliver marijuana or unlawful drugs and/or alcoholic beverages. Possess, sell, give or deliver drug paraphernalia;
- Use, distribute or sell tobacco products or inhalant delivery systems;
- Wear, possess, use, distribute, display or sell any clothing, jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign or other things which are evidence of membership or affiliation in any gang. Use speech or commit any act or omission in furtherance of the interests of any gang or gang activity. A “gang” is defined as a group that identifies itself through the use of a name, unique appearance or language including hand signs, claiming of geographical territory or the espousing of a distinctive belief system that frequently results in criminal activity;
- Willfully violate Board policies, administrative regulations or school rules designed to maintain public order on school property.
Persons having no legitimate purpose or business on district property or violating or threatening to violate the above rules may be ejected from the premises and/or referred to law enforcement officials.
ORS 166.155 - 166.165
ORS 166.210 - 166.370
ORS 433.835 to 433.990
ORS 806.060 - 806.080
Gun-Free School Act, 20 U.S.C. 7151 (2006).
Pro-Children Act of 1994, 20 U.S.C. §§ 6081-6084 (2006).
Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a) (25), (26) and 922(q) (2006).