LBEA - Resident Student Denial for Virtual Charter School Attendance
The district may send a notice of approval or disapproval to a parent of a student who has sent a notice to the district of intent to enroll the student in a virtual public charter school not sponsored by the district (See OAR 581-026-0305 (3)).
The district is only required to use data that is reasonably available to the district, including but not limited to the following for such calculation:
- The number of students residing in the district enrolled in the schools within the district;
- The number of students residing in the district enrolled in public charter schools located in the district;
- The number of students residing in the district enrolled in virtual public charter schools;
- The number of home-schooled students who reside in the district and who have registered with the educational service district; and
- The number of students who reside in the district enrolled in private schools located within the school district.
A parent may appeal a decision of a district to not approve a student enrollment to a virtual public charter school to the State Board of Education under OAR 581-026-0310.
 Per OAR 581-026-0305 (7)(a) the district must choose annual, semi-annual or other date used for calculation; dates are provided as a recommendation only.