Free summer meals available
Roseburg Public Schools will offer free meals to children over summer break at Lunchbox Express sites and school cafeterias throughout June, July and August.
The free meals are available for children and teens 18 years and younger.
Meals will be served Mondays through Fridays, June 13 to Aug. 11 (except July 4) at the following times and Lunchbox Express sites:
- 11 to 11:20 a.m. at Saddle Butte Mobile Manor (222 Saddle Butte Lane)
- 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. at Creekside Family Church (731 Newton Creek Road)
- 12:05 p.m. to 12:25 p.m. at Eastwood Park (2823 SE Douglas Ave.)
- 12:35 to 12:55 p.m. at Thompson Park (1448 SE Thompson St.)
- 1:10 to 1:35 p.m. at Stewart Park (1700 W Stewart Park Drive)
In addition, meals will be served at the following times and school sites:
From June 13-17 at the Roseburg High School cafeteria:
- 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. (breakfast)
- 11 a.m. to noon (lunch)
From July 5-28 (Mondays through Thursdays) at the Fir Grove Elementary School cafeteria:
- 8 to 8:30 a.m. (breakfast)
- 11 a.m. to noon (lunch)
From July 5 to Aug. 11 (Mondays through Thursdays):
- 8 to 8:30 a.m. (breakfast) at the Fullerton IV, Green, Hucrest and Winchester elementary school cafeterias; and the Roseburg High School cafeteria.
- 7:30 to 8 a.m. (breakfast) at the Joseph Lane Middle School cafeteria.
- 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (lunch) at the Fullerton IV, Green, Hucrest and Winchester elementary school cafeterias.
- 11 to 11:45 a.m. (lunch) at the Joseph Lane Middle School cafeteria.
- 11 a.m. to noon (lunch) at the Roseburg High School cafeteria.
Site rules include:
- Each child receives a meal that meets or exceeds USDA meal pattern requirements.
- Meals are available to all children and teens 18 years and younger.
- All meals must be eaten on site.
- Adults may not pick up meals for students.
- Adults may not eat any part of a child’s meal.
Meal sites and times subject to change. For the latest information, please visit www.roseburg.k12.or.us.
This summer food program is a part of the USDA Food and Nutrition Service and is administered by the Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs.
For more information, call (541) 440-4023.
About Our Department
The mission of Nutrition Services is to develop all students into well-rounded, lifelong learners, with a solid nutritional foundation. We accomplish this by guaranteeing a safe, nurturing and colorful dining environment that inspires individual choice and integrates the benefits of a diverse and nutritional variety of selections.
Meet Your Lead Cooks
Eastwood: Sarah Dawley
Fir Grove: Dawn Cannon
Fullerton IV: Reagan Aramburo
Green: Barb Harp
Hucrest: Liz Elder
Melrose: Jennifer Guzman
Sunnyslope: Maria Bayardo
Winchester: Kim Cermak
John C. Fremont: Jody Albertus
Joseph Lane: Kristi Bracken
Roseburg High: Sis Health