EFAA - District Nutrition and Food Services**
Re-adopted: 8/13/97, 10/12/11, 4/8/15, 4/12/17
The district may enter into an agreement with the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) to operate the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the Commodity Food Distribution Program (CFDP) by signing a permanent Sponsor-ODE Agreement entitling the district to receive reimbursement for all meals that meet program requirements and to earn USDA Food entitlement based on the number of lunches served.
The permanent agreement shall be signed by the superintendent or other school official with authority to obligate the district to legally binding contracts, subject to annual ODE renewal and will include, at the district’s option, an agreement to operate the School Breakfast Program (SBP), Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and the Special Milk Program (SMP). The district recognizes that meals and snacks served by the district will not be eligible for reimbursement until the annual program update is received and approved by ODE.
The permanent Sponsor-ODE Agreement shall include assurances by the district that it will follow all Child Nutrition Program regulations for which the district is approved to operate:
- Free and reduced price process (updated annually);
- Financial management of the nonprofit school food service;
- Civil rights and confidentiality procedures;
- Meal pattern and nutrition content of meals served;
- Use and control of commodity foods;
- Accuracy of reimbursement claims;
- Food safety and sanitation inspections.
- Nutrition standards for foods and beverages sold to students.
The superintendent will develop an administrative regulation as necessary to implement this policy and meet the requirements of state and federal law. The regulation(s) will be reviewed and adopted by the Board as required by law.